It’s another special edition of the Finish More Music Podcast this week, where I’m shining a light on another outstanding member of the FMM community.
Riigs, AKA Mark Allin, left behind a jet-setting corporate career to pursue his dream of becoming a music producer…
But as is the same with many new producers, Mark was crippled by the embarrassment that came with not having anything to show for his time in the studio, despite working at it for months.
Fast-forward 12 months and Mark is brimming with confidence, has a stack of releases under his belt, and is more than comfortable being surrounded by experienced music producers – in fact he THRIVES in it.
Overcoming self-doubt and leaving behind his insecurities, Mark went all in to commit to his craft…
Now he lives and breathes everything he does, and firmly identifies as the accomplished producer that he is – and has the tracks behind him to back it up.
Mark is always the nicest guy to talk to and I HAD to get him on the show to share with you his musical journey, because it’s one that I know so many struggling producers will relate to.
If you think you can’t finish enough tracks, or that you’re not skilled enough, or even not young enough to be a music producer, think again. Mark’s story will disprove ALL of that.
Check out the podcast now to find out how he did it.
Check out Mark’s music on:
- Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/fourcandlesmusic/
- Beatport: https://www.beatport.com/artist/riigs/917541
Follow and get in touch at:
- Instagram: @thisisriigs
- Creativity is showing up multiplied by suspending judgement
- Trust and follow your creative instincts
- Age is not a barrier, it’s a benefit
- Setting up good habits and following a proven creative process is key to your success
- “Don’t lose your sense of wonder, and don’t lose sight of how extraordinary it is to be a creative”
- “Share more than you think, sooner than you think you should, with people who can support you because it will make the world of difference”
Loved this episode? Now try these:
- FMM072 – Imposter Syndrome: The Poison and the Antidote
- FMM080 – Four Candles: Go fast alone, Go further together
- FMM079 – Letting your chance slip through your fingers
Thank you for listening!
I really appreciate you joining me and I hope you’re enjoying the topics and taking some real value into your music sessions.
If this episode resonated with you and you feel it will have a positive impact on the people you know, please share it by using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of this page.
To make sure you are always the first to know when a new episode lands: Subscribe here.
One of the things that helps people decide if a podcast is for them, is the review section. If you’re enjoying the episodes and feel they will add value for other music producers, please leave a 60 second review and rating. Thank you 🙂