“When you live into fear, you get the results of that fear.”
Imposter syndrome – it’s not just a case of self-doubt.
It’s that persistent, nagging feeling of being a fraud, or feeling like you don’t belong, which makes you devalue your worth and undermines the things that you’ve achieved and what you’re capable of.
And despite all the evidence that’s there for you to dig up against it, it won’t go away.
It doesn’t matter where you are on your journey, it’s something which happens to the very best of us, and it floors creatives on a daily basis.
In this episode I show you some of the most powerful techniques that you can use as an antidote to the poison that is imposter syndrome, with real life examples from my own experience and those of top producers to back it up.
From taking back control of your emotions, to surrounding yourself within a supportive peer network, to regularly revisiting your ‘cookie jar’, there’s a number of ways that you can combat the poison when it creeps in, and I’ll show you how to do it.
Having the ability to defend yourself against imposter syndrome allows you to produce more and better music, grab more opportunities when they arise, and share your creativity with the world.
Don’t get stuck in the self-fulfilling prophecy of feeling like you’re not good enough, not qualified enough, not worthy enough, show up with the confidence of a champion.
- Objectively observe your thoughts and challenge them with evidence
- Confide in people who you can trust to give you open, honest and constructive feedback.
- “When you live into fear, you get the results of that fear.”
- You have a choice. Do you choose imposter syndrome or do you choose to believe in yourself?
- “If you live into your vision, then you will take the action you need to make your vision a reality.”
- “You can choose to show up and encourage yourself and to believe in yourself and to acknowledge the amazing things that you’ve done and achieved in your life. Or you can choose to let imposter syndrome keep telling you you’re no good…Your choice”
Thank You for listening!
I really appreciate you joining me and I hope you’re enjoying the topics and taking some real value into your music sessions.
If this episode resonated with you and you feel it will have a positive impact on the people you know, please share it by using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of this page.
To make sure you are always the first to know when a new episode lands: Subscribe here.
One of the things that helps people decide if a podcast is for them, is the review section. If you’re enjoying the episodes and feel they will add value for other music producers, please leave a 60 second review and rating. Thank you 🙂