You can either have results or excuses, not both
Time – it’s something that’s all around us, is always with us, and something that can easily run away from us. Or at least that’s what lots of people think.
“I haven’t got the time to do this”, “I’m too old to start now”. These are the sort of self-fulfilling beliefs that continue to hold so many people back.
Every top music producer has an arsenal of finished music to their name, and in doing so they’ve leveled up their skill in every area of music production. And that’s why they’re great producers.
By thinking that you don’t have enough time to start, you tend to start taking shortcuts. And when you start taking shortcuts, you lose time where you could be making real improvements.
And in reality, if you’re flitting around looking for the master fix, or spending too long trying to make the perfect start, you’re not really getting started. The time passes, and eventually it will take too long to accomplish what you set out to do.
And the less you see yourself improve, the more the anxiety and the discomfort of being stuck builds. It’s a cycle that’s designed to see you fail.
In this week’s episode, I share with you how by making a simple shift to your perspective on the time you have, you can start seeing the results you want – and much quicker than you think.
Do you want to look back on your life and wish you actually spent your days working towards your vision, rather than just thinking about it?
Don’t sit around and wait for your goals to magically appear – make them happen yourself.
Check out this week’s podcast to discover how to get started the right way, right now.
- How you perceive your time, age, or ability, is a belief. And belief is not truth.
- “Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take you to accomplish it. That time will pass anyway.”
- You can achieve amazing things, but you’ve got to get started now in full transparency.
- Be intention, committed, and dedicated
- “You can either have results or excuses, not both.”
- “It’s not sitting around waiting for it to happen because it’s not going to magically happen either…We have to get started. And it’s about putting your flag in the sand and saying, no, I’m not having this anymore.”
Thank you for listening!
I really appreciate you joining me and I hope you’re enjoying the topics and taking some real value into your music sessions.
If this episode resonated with you and you feel it will have a positive impact on the people you know, please share it by using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of this page.
To make sure you are always the first to know when a new episode lands: Subscribe here.
One of the things that helps people decide if a podcast is for them, is the review section. If you’re enjoying the episodes and feel they will add value for other music producers, please leave a 60 second review and rating. Thank you 🙂