One word guaranteed to strike fear and terror into a creative’s heart…
What runs through your mind when you hear that word?
Too much pressure! The enemy of creativity! The quality of my art will suffer!
Any piece of music you write can be open to a never-ending set of revisions, tweaks, and changes.
There’s always something else to do, right?
And this creates a problem for many artists who tend to drag out their creative process for so long that their productivity and output suffer massively as a result.
Well, how can you resolve this?
As scary as it might seem, the answer is to work to deadlines.
And today I’ll show you how facing this fear will reap incredible benefits…
…including finishing music more efficiently and at a higher quality…
- “When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change”
- The best tool for avoiding perfectionism.
- “Art is never finished, only abandoned”
- How to quickly spot the bottlenecks where you waste the most time
- “Perfectionism cannot live where integrity does”
Liked this? Find the full episodes here:
- FMM163 – Perfectionism: Your Quest to Write Boring Music
- FMM131 – 5 Mindset Shifts for Higher Achievement
- FMM125 – You do have time. You’re just avoiding doing the things that matter most.
Thank you for listening!
I really appreciate you joining me and I hope you’re enjoying the topics and taking some real value into your music sessions.
If this episode resonated with you and you feel it will have a positive impact on the people you know, please share it by using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of this page.
To make sure you are always the first to know when a new episode lands: Subscribe here.
One of the things that help people decide if a podcast is for them, is the review section. If you’re enjoying the episodes and feel they will add value for other music producers, please leave a 60 second review and rating. Thank you 🙂