For producers, writing music and being creative can be an amazing path to self-discovery…
It helps to shine a light on who you are, what your vision looks like, what your tastes are, and what your sound is.
But it also shines a light on your fears, the things that hold you back…
“What will people say about my music?”
“Is it good enough?”
“Am I talented enough?”
“What will the label say, will I get rejected?”
Everytime you show up to the studio you step into the unknown, encountering various levels of fear and doubt in one way or another.
And for many people, this resistance is seen as the enemy, something that can stop you writing music all together.
But in this week’s podcast episode, I’m showing you how by actually embracing this resistance, you can discover something in you that’s SO powerful… you’ll maximise your results in the studio AND countless other areas of your life.
You’ve got to see it to believe it…
Listen to episode 101 of the Finish More Music podcast now!
- Being creative is much more than the outcome of your studio session.
- Creativity lets you step into a world of uncertainty whenever you like.
- Treat discomfort and resistance as an object of curiosity, not fear.
- Beliefs are lies that we hold to be true.
- “What we resist, persists.”
- “Resistance is experienced as fear; the degree of fear equates to the strength of Resistance. Therefore the more fear we feel about a specific enterprise, the more certain we can be that the enterprise is important to us and to the growth of our soul.” – Steven Pressfield
Liked this episode? Now try these:
- FMM090 – Why are you writing music anyway?
- FMM083 – What it takes to become a creative
- FMM071 – Finding Your Own Sound
Thank you for listening!
I really appreciate you joining me and I hope you’re enjoying the topics and taking some real value into your music sessions.
If this episode resonated with you and you feel it will have a positive impact on the people you know, please share it by using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of this page.
To make sure you are always the first to know when a new episode lands: Subscribe here.
One of the things that helps people decide if a podcast is for them, is the review section. If you’re enjoying the episodes and feel they will add value for other music producers, please leave a 60 second review and rating. Thank you 🙂