No person at the top of their game could have got to where they are if they weren’t able to tap into the reason why they do what they do when things aren’t working out.
As music producers we can sometimes feel like everything is going against us – creative challenges, writer’s block, no inspiration – all the things that slowly bring us down and make us want to give up.
But there’s one thing that prolific creatives always rely on to keep them going when the going gets tough… a reason why.
A strong, personal purpose that reminds us why we’re doing this in the first place.
Without it, we’d simply grind to a halt and cave in when things aren’t going our way. And we can never truly get started until we find it.
So this week’s episode is all about discovering your why, what it looks like and how to find it.
Because once you recognise and stay true to your creative purpose, the possibilities for your music are endless.
If you’re down on your luck in the studio, or you’re on fire already, this one’s here to keep you going!
- Have a strong reason why you’re creative
- Make your reason why intrinsic.
- Write down your reason why, and remind yourself of it everyday.
- If your purpose is fulfillment, it doesn’t matter if you write a track that you’re not in love with. Because you love the process of it.
- No person at the top of their game could have got to where they are if they weren’t able to tap into the reason why they do what they do when things aren’t working out.
Loved this episode? Now try these:
- FMM089 – Matthew Benjamin & Belinda Matwali
- FMM088 – When Doing Less is Doing More
- FMM034 – Design Your Life Or Somebody else Will
- FMM008 – Going It Alone Is Madness
Thank you for listening!
I really appreciate you joining me and I hope you’re enjoying the topics and taking some real value into your music sessions.
If this episode resonated with you and you feel it will have a positive impact on the people you know, please share it by using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of this page.
To make sure you are always the first to know when a new episode lands: Subscribe here.
One of the things that helps people decide if a podcast is for them, is the review section. If you’re enjoying the episodes and feel they will add value for other music producers, please leave a 60 second review and rating. Thank you 🙂