“If you just keep pushing forward, build your habits, and be dedicated, you’re going to get there. It’s going to happen.”
It’s the final instalment of our special case study series here on the Finish More Music Podcast, and I can think of no one better than today’s guest, Tom Schippers, to round off what’s been an incredible month on the show!
Like most aspiring music producers, Tom had been passionate about music his entire life, but when it came to producing he just couldn’t get the results he wanted, and was on the brink of giving up.
He’d tried everything you can imagine, bought all the gear, watched all the tutorials, but even with all of these things, he still wasn’t making any progress.
But he knew his passion for music was too large to fail. And it took just one thing, one flick of the switch to turn it all around.
Fast-forward to now and Tom is PROLIFIC. He’s finished over 30 tracks in the last year alone, is getting his music released, and has a clear vision to landing on the biggest labels in techno.
Tom’s remarkable transformation just goes to show what you can achieve simply by showing up, being disciplined with yourself, and tapping into a proven creativity process.
And the reason why I’ve brought him on the show is because I know his journey is so relatable, and the challenges he faced are an all-too-familiar story for struggling music producers.
But if Tom can turn it around and start regularly finishing tracks he’s proud of, so can you.
Listen to the podcast now to find out how.
Listen to Tom’s music:
- Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/to-mmy-1
- Beatport: https://www.beatport.com/artist/tom-schippers/901632
Follow and get in touch at:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/tomschippers/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/tomschippers77/
- Never give up, keep pushing forward.
- Each track you finish is a step closer to your achieving your goal.
- Write music every day, and when you do, do nothing else.
- Invest in yourself and believe in yourself, and you will see results.
- “If you just keep pushing forward, build your habits, and be dedicated, you’re going to get there. It’s going to happen.”
- “When you finish a track…treat it like the music is helping you forward. It’s not meant to be that number 1 Beatport hit, but it’s a moment in time that’s helping you learn and progress within your journey.”
Loved this episode? Now try these:
- FMM085 – Inside the minds of FMM Producers
- FMM071 – Finding Your Own Sound
- FMM084 – Justin Hancock: Create Smarter, Not Harder
Thank you for listening!
I really appreciate you joining me and I hope you’re enjoying the topics and taking some real value into your music sessions.
If this episode resonated with you and you feel it will have a positive impact on the people you know, please share it by using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of this page.
To make sure you are always the first to know when a new episode lands: Subscribe here.
One of the things that helps people decide if a podcast is for them, is the review section. If you’re enjoying the episodes and feel they will add value for other music producers, please leave a 60 second review and rating. Thank you 🙂