Unless you’ve spent years with your head in the clouds, you’ll know life is full of ups and downs…
And as a music producer, you’ll understand this more than most.
Whilst being creative has the tremendous power to light us up, the harsh truth is that it can also bring about negative thoughts and feelings, negative environments, and negative people.
And if not dealt with properly, it can have a detrimental impact on your life, your music, and can even ruin your chances of ever achieving your goals.
So in this week’s podcast I’m tackling the big question… how much impact is this often hidden negativity having on your life and what can you do about it?
Because if you fail to turn it around, dial it down or distance yourself from it, you’ll scupper the best chance you have of living a happy and successful life as a music producer.
These are big questions that require big answers, so let’s get focused and dive in.
- Don’t attach your goals to your happiness – it is inevitable for us to fail at times.
- You are the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with.
- Ask yourself: if you could never tell a single person about your achievements, would you still pursue them?
- “I don’t have any right to control what other people think about my music.” Nick Muir
Like this? Now watch these:
- FMM092 – Are the odds stacked against you or for you?
- FMM089 – Matthew Benjamin & Belinda Matwali
- FMM062 – Guard the factory of your mind
Thank you for listening!
I really appreciate you joining me and I hope you’re enjoying the topics and taking some real value into your music sessions.
If this episode resonated with you and you feel it will have a positive impact on the people you know, please share it by using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of this page.
To make sure you are always the first to know when a new episode lands: Subscribe here.
One of the things that helps people decide if a podcast is for them, is the review section. If you’re enjoying the episodes and feel they will add value for other music producers, please leave a 60 second review and rating. Thank you 🙂