Travis Stewart is the gift that keeps on giving…
Having left you dangling with one hell of a cliffhanger last week, now’s your chance to pick up where we left off…
…and dive into part two of our conversation with Travis Stewart aka Machinedrum aka T.Stewart.
We received amazing feedback about the first part of the interview in which Travis dove into the mindset, productivity, life skills and mental capacity required to be a professional producer.
In this second half we step through the studio doors with Travis and uncover his creative process and the approach he uses to consistently write and release high quality, critically acclaimed pieces of music.
Travis breaks down his 3 stages of music production, an essential technique for increasing your chances of finishing more music, the approach to mix downs that pros take that amateurs do not…
…that will lead you to far more original and creative pieces of music…
AND reveals the story that most struggling producers keep telling themselves that stops them from ever making it in the music industry…
…which hit home really hard for my co-host Terra and had her on the brink of tears!
- A simple technique for overcoming perfectionism.
- Why you should allow time to play and experiment during the mix down.
- An essential technique for increasing your chances of finishing more music.
- The approach to mix-down’s that pros take that amateurs do not.
- What most struggling producers keep telling themselves that stops them from ever making it in the music industry.
Liked this? Find the full episodes here:
- FMM186 – Machinedrum: Living Your Best Creative Life
- FMM147 – Carl Craig (Planet E) : Taking Your Music Into the Future
- FMM098 – 5 Essential Tips for Optimising Your Studio Time
Thank you for listening!
I really appreciate you joining me and I hope you’re enjoying the topics and taking some real value into your music sessions.
If this episode resonated with you and you feel it will have a positive impact on the people you know, please share it by using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of this page.
To make sure you are always the first to know when a new episode lands: Subscribe here.
One of the things that help people decide if a podcast is for them, is the review section. If you’re enjoying the episodes and feel they will add value for other music producers, please leave a 60 second review and rating. Thank you 🙂