“If we stay open and we look at conditions and what’s important to us… then what we’re seeing is the real world. We’re seeing the truth and it gives us choice and it gives us control.”
I’ve noticed a growing trend popping up in many aspects of life, and that’s ENTITLEMENT.
“I DESERVE this”, “you MUST give me that”.
When demands get thrown around, more often than not this will be met by disappointment and resentment.
No more so does this occur than in the relationship between artists and record labels, where disagreements in the terms of a release can often lead to feelings of difficulty, frustration, and anger.
In this episode, I explain how shifting your perspective from a place of entitlement, to a place of choice, can empower you to take the right steps towards enhancing your career.
Nothing is perfect, and neither are many of the opportunities that await you, but that doesn’t mean you can’t still take them.
Taking the time to realise what’s important to you, and letting this inform your decision making, gives YOU back the control over your music, and your life.
Rigidity and narrow-mindedness is a fast track to negativity, and no way is that going to help you make your best music.
This simple shift in mindset that I discuss here won’t only positively affect how you go about your career, but will positively affect how you go about your everyday life.
Having the power to see truth through difficult situations allows YOU to be in control, anywhere, anytime.
- Demands are out of our control, choice gives us control
- Look at what labels CAN offer you, not what they can’t.
- How hard you worked on something does not make it more or less valuable to the end listener.
- Being unopen to compromise quickly leads to missed opportunities.
- “If you live from a place of entitlement, a place of demand for certain things, then you’ll also be living from a place of frustration and difficulty”
- “If we stay open and we look at conditions and what’s important to us… then what we’re seeing is the real world. We’re seeing the truth and it gives us choice and it gives us control.”
Thank You for listening!
I really appreciate you joining me and I hope you’re enjoying the topics and taking some real value into your music sessions.
If this episode resonated with you and you feel it will have a positive impact on the people you know, please share it by using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of this page.
To make sure you are always the first to know when a new episode lands: Subscribe here.
One of the things that helps people decide if a podcast is for them, is the review section. If you’re enjoying the episodes and feel they will add value for other music producers, please leave a 60 second review and rating. Thank you 🙂