Do you want to use other people’s success to help you grow and to accelerate your development toward your version of success?
In any creative field, one thing that everybody deals with at some point or another is seeing other people succeed while you stay where you are.
Maybe you started making music at the same time as somebody else, or maybe they started after you, and they’re suddenly achieving the things that you’ve not been able to.
Seeing others accelerate further than you can easily lead to feelings of envy, jealousy, and resentment – but these are the exact kind of feelings that continue to hold you back, and can make the divide between you and them even greater.
Essentially, how you deal with other people’s success is a choice.
You can choose to be spiteful, you can choose to make comparisons (the bad kind), or you can choose to use other people’s achievements as an opportunity for growth and to accelerate your development towards YOUR version of success.
In this episode, I discuss how you can move from a place of resentment to a place of inspiration, and show you how by being curious and celebrating others’ achievements, you can quickly find your way up the ladder with them.
But no matter how successful you become, there’s always going to be someone who seems to be doing better.
And if you don’t escape this trap you’ll end up carrying it with you forever, unless you learn to change your perspective.
And the time to do that is right now.
Listen to the podcast to see how!
- How you look at other people is a choice.
- Be curious, be inspired and challenge yourself to be the best version of who you can be.
- Feel grateful for other people’s success
- Awareness of your own negativity is the first step to ignoring.
- “Do you want to use other people’s success to help you grow and to accelerate your development toward your version of success? Or do you choose to resent other people doing well to feel better, to feel annoyed and then hold your progress back as a result.”
- “What do you do when other people are accelerating ahead of you. Feel grateful for their success.”
Thank You for listening!
I really appreciate you joining me and I hope you’re enjoying the topics and taking some real value into your music sessions.
If this episode resonated with you and you feel it will have a positive impact on the people you know, please share it by using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of this page.
To make sure you are always the first to know when a new episode lands: Subscribe here.
One of the things that helps people decide if a podcast is for them, is the review section. If you’re enjoying the episodes and feel they will add value for other music producers, please leave a 60 second review and rating. Thank you 🙂