If you love producing, DJ’ing, are serious about building a career in music or you just want to get your music out into the world, then 100% you’re going to come across…
Every professional artist in Electronic Music will have a bunch of remixes to their name, making it a super important skill to master for any aspiring electronic musician
Remixing is not only a fantastic way to put your creative spin on somebody else’s track, you also learn new production tricks and techniques, build really close bonds with remixing artists, plus they can be a great stepping stone to network with bigger and more established producers and record labels
In this episode, we have something super special for you. I’m joined by a host of some of our awesome FMM members who have a wealth of knowledge and experience when it comes to remixing. These guys and girls have some serious knowledge bombs for you, this is not one to miss!
But wait! There’s more…..
We’ve also launched a brand new beautiful free ebook, called ‘The Art of Remixing.’ This ebook is designed to give you some extra insider tips and tricks from our fantastic community that can help give you the edge when it comes to creating your remixes and working with other artists and record labels.
So grab a coffee, sit back and relax and listen to some incredibly powerful workflow and creative tips to use in your next remix project
- Tenerfuse – “Kick start your remix by importing stems into a project you’ve already finished”
- Sorley – “Put your own stamp on the original parts”
- JIMMYZKINZ – “Respect the original, but bring in your signature sound”
- rawBeetz -“Use a variety of sampling techniques to inspire your remix”
- Four Candles – “Start by Importing your own drum and groove template into your DAW”
- Cosian – “Take time to listen to the original track”
- Mha Iri – “Don’t be afraid to say NO!”
- Frømme – “Use reference tracks to inspire you”
- Mystigrix – “Play around, have fun and get creative”
- Ross Geldart – “Try creating new, unique chord progressions”
- Paul Lock – “Learn to transcribe your remix parts”
- Stateline – “Use the 80/20 rule to move forward, fast!”
- Arkatekt – “Stay true to your own sound and your own way of developing a track”
- Lie Society – “Analyse the original track once, then get rid of it!”
- The Art of Remixing Ebook
- Finish More Music Remix Community Challenge
- Finish More Music Waitlist
- Creative Strategies for Finishing More Music Ebook
Thank You for listening!
I really appreciate you joining me and I hope you’re enjoying the topics and taking some real value into your music sessions.
If this episode resonated with you and you feel it will have a positive impact on the people you know, please share it by using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of this page.
To make sure you are always the first to know when a new episode lands: Subscribe here.
One of the things that helps people decide if a podcast is for them, is the review section. If you’re enjoying the episodes and feel they will add value for other music producers, please leave a 60 second review and rating. Thank you 🙂